This Nema23 Closed-loop stepper bundle contains the HSS57 closed-loop motor driver and 2.0Nm Closed-loop Stepper Motor combination. We have engineered this solution to be suitable for CNC machines by extending the encoder cable to a handy 5m in length. This allows you to fit the motor onto machines that have up to a 1500 x 1500mm footprint without any joins in the drag chain!
Closed-loop stepper motors, unlike their standard contemporaries, can recover missed steps, are able to accelerate quicker, run faster, maintain torque at higher speeds and run quieter. This is due to the low inductance of the motors and advanced DSP control system when paired with the HSS57 closed-loop stepper motor driver in this bundle.
Built into the closed-loop stepper motor is an encoder that provides position feedback to the stepper motor driver which in turn provides error correction. This error correction is achieved by the driver comparing the commands given from an external source like a micro-controller to the rotation achieved by the motor and any loss of steps is compensated for.
By default, programing the closed-loop motors is not required and can be used right out of the box.
Closed-loop Stepper Motor Specifications:
- Voltage: 2.1VDC
- Rated Current: 4.2A
- Motor Inductance: 1.8mH
- Holding Torque: 2.0Nm
- Encoder cable length: 5000m
- Motor cable length: 500mm
- Weight: 1.2kg
Features of the Closed-loop Stepper Motor:
- High-performance and low inductance Closed-Loop Hybrid Stepper Motor.
- Comes with a handy 5m long encoder cable for ease of wiring.
- Low vibration and high efficiency.
- Built-in quadrature encoder. (1000 line encoder)
- High precision ensures precise carving in CNC applications
- 2.0Nm Closed Loop Stepper Motor
- 5m long encoder cable
- HSS57 Closed-loop Stepper Motor Driver
- 1m 2 Core DC power cable.
Motor Engineering Drawings:
Motor Coil Wiring Diagram
Encoder Lead Pinout
|Closed Loop Stepper Motor Driver Terminal||Lead Colour|
HSS57 Closed-loop Stepper Motor Driver Features:
- Anti-Resonance features provide smooth operation through the RPM range.
- Low noise and low vibration.
- 32bit processor and advanced DSP control.
- Closed-loop vector control technology.
- Multi-Stepping allows a low-resolution step input to produce a higher microstep output for smooth system performance.
- Microstep resolutions programmable via dip switch array, from full-step to 1/128 microstepping.
- Optically isolated inputs reduce noise.
- Alarm outputs for fault diagnosis. (Error codes available in the manual).
- Suitable for Nema23 and Nema24 sized closed-loop stepper motors.
- Support Pulse/Direction, CW/CCW or RS232 control modes. (Step/Dir control recommended)
- Overvoltage and overcurrent protection.
- Durable all-metal body.
HSS57 Closed-loop Stepper Motor Driver Specifications:
- Supply voltage: 24 to 50 VDC
- Output current: Up to 6.0A Peak (Load Dependent)
- Logic signal current: 7 to 20mA
- Pulse input frequency: 200 kHz
- Encoder Resolution (PPR): 1000
- Isolation resistance: 500 MΩ
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 °C
- Operating Humidity: 40 to 90%RH
- Vibration: 5.9 m/s² Max
- Weight: Approx. 300 g
- Dimension: 118 x 75x 34 mm
HSS57 Stepper Motor Driver Engineering Drawings
Use the Closed-loop Stepper Motor and driver bundle to drive:
- Nema23 compatible CNC machines
- Laser Cutters
- Plasma Cutters
- Robotic Actuators
- Automated Linear Actuators
Tips and Tricks
- The closed-loop stepper motors are best powered by a 36V or 48V power supply for higher speed and greater torque.
- For existing CNC builds, use these motors with 8x8mm jaw couplings for a drop-in replacement.
- Depending on your application, you may need to extend your motor power cable.